Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Better maps for your phone

It is illegal, in the state of Maryland, to text while driving. This is a good thing, right? What about reading a map? What if the map is on your cell phone??

Today, Google unveiled the beta version of Google Maps Navigation for Android 2.0 devices. Essentially, Google is trying to get into the fast-growing GPS system market. Now I've seen turn-by-turn directions delivered to a cell phone. One of my colleagues has a Sprint phone with a GPS application loaded onto it. It's very, very slick. And it has an entirely different set of benefits than a car-mounted device.

Features:
Screen size: Advantage car-mount
Portability: Advantage cell phone
Flexibility: Advantage cell phone
Adaptability: Push

These are my opinions, and I'd love to hear yours!

I saw this at ...
Google drives into new market with Maps Navigation beta for Android

No comments:

Post a Comment